Obituaries » Edmund Francis Cass, Jr.
Edmund Francis Cass, Jr., 88, of Lynchburg passed away peacefully on June 1, 2022. Ed was born on March 16, 1934 in New York, NY to Edmund and Louise Cass. He was a graduate of St. John’s University.
Ed had a long career in life insurance, including being Vice President of Sales at First Colony Life. After retiring, Ed taught at Holy Cross HS.
Throughout his life, Ed was a devout Catholic and a man of deep faith. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus for 65 years and obtained the level of Fourth Degree Knight.
Ed was a hospice volunteer for 12 years, as well as a volunteer for Lynchburg General and Meals on Wheels.
He is survived by the love of his life and wife of 65 years, Sally; daughters, Donna M. White (Will) and Susan M. Koors (Joe); son, Chris and daughter-in-law, Susan. Ed is also survived by sisters, Barbara O’Brien and Dorinda Burrell; as well as nieces, nephews, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his brother, John; sons, Ed, III and Dennis.
A funeral mass will be held at 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at St. Thomas More Catholic Church. There will be a visitation preceding the service at 4:00 p.m.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Edmund's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021