Obituaries » Edward A. Sprano
Edward Alfred Sprano, born on December 24, 1925, went to meet his Lord and Savior on June 24, 2021, at the age of 95. He died at home after a brief illness.
Edward “Ed”, “Curly” was preceded in death by his wife Frances Marie Herbst Sprano to whom he was married for 66 years; his sisters, Dorothy Stokes and Angela Sprano; his brothers, Richard of Middlebury, Connecticut, Joseph of Waterbury, Vermont and Robert of South Burlington, Vermont; his daughter, Mary Margaret Sprano of Pulaski, Virginia; his sons, Richard Wayne Sprano of Henderson, Texas, and Jonathan David Sprano of Woodbury, Connecticut. He is also survived by sons Michael Frank Sprano of Pahrump, Nevada, Peter Anthony Sprano of Wytheville, Virginia and Timothy Edward Sprano of Lynchburg, Virginia, a brother Alfred Edward Sprano of Oakville, Connecticut, and numerous grandchildren.
Edward served in the United States Marine Corps from 1943 to 1946. He was a well-liked and respected Pop Warner football coach for teams in both Watertown, Prospect and Woodbury, Connecticut.
Edward was known to all as a storyteller and enjoyed recounting his life experiences through poetry and short stories.
Edward Alfred Sprano will be interred at the Southwest Virginia Veterans Cemetery, Dublin, Virginia.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Edward A.'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021