Obituaries » Edward Arthur Marshall
Edward Arthur “Ned” Marshall, 88, of Bedford passed away on Tuesday, April 12, 2022, at the Bedford Hospice House. Ned was predeceased by his wife of 41 years, Wylma Harper Marshall, who passed away in Nov 2008.
Ned was lovingly raised by his aunt, Ms. Bee Marshall. He spent time in the US Air Force during the Korean War and graduated from Virginia Tech in 1957.
He attended Bedford High School and participated in all four sports and was a member of the undefeated football team in 1951.
During his lifetime, he contributed often to many organizations that were near and dear to his heart. He also was a lifetime member of the Masons.
He would like to lovingly acknowledge the years of care and attention Linda West provided. He is also survived by his cousin, Dick (Sheryl) Forbis of Carrboro, NC and sister in law, Peggy Largen of Smyrna, TN. Special thanks to Bedford Hospice Care for all the love and attention that they provided.
Condolences may be made to Linda West at 1026 Woodhaven Dr Bedford, VA 24523
A funeral service will be conducted at 2:00pm on Thursday, April 14, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Chapel Bedford. Interment will follow in Oakwood Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 5:00pm until 7:00pm on Wednesday, April 13, 2022 at Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford.
Tharp Funeral Home and Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family.
Burial Date April 14, 2022
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Edward 's life with a short message, photo or video!
Edward does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021