Obituaries » Elaine Jackson
Elaine Gott Jackson, 73, of Lynchburg, passed away on December 26, 2022, at her residence. She was born on March 11, 1949, in Washington D.C., a daughter of the late James S. Gott and Irene C. Hamilton. She graduated from Washington College with degrees in math and French. During her professional career Elaine worked for a national communications company and retired as an I.T. director. Elaine never met a stranger and formed lifelong friendships with many people she met. She also loved traveling and enjoyed many trips throughout the United States and Europe with her husband Myles. Upon moving to Lynchburg, she volunteered and taught computer classes at the library. She also was active in Allez Au Français, Dante Alighieri, and League of Women Voters. She is preceded in death by her parents; and one sister, Jean Stephens. Elaine is survived by her husband, Myles Alexander Jackson; two brothers, Bryan Gott, and Robert Gott; one sister, Barbara Mason; and numerous nieces, nephews, and friends. A visitation will be held on December 31, 2022, from 1 – 4 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg. A Mass of the Resurrection will be held on January 14, 2022, at 11 a.m. at Holy Cross Catholic Church, 710 Clay St, Lynchburg, VA 24504. In lieu of flowers, the family asks that you make donations to Holy Cross Catholic Church. Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Elaine's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.