Obituaries » Elgie Ray Scott Sr.
Elgie Ray Scott Sr.
Elgie Ray Scott Sr., 74, of Lynchburg, VA, departed this life on October 10, 2022, at Lynchburg General Hospital, with his loving companion, Katherine Knoxx, by his bedside.
Elgie was born on November 24, 1947, in Lynchburg, VA, a son of the late Lottie Mae Scott and Elgie Buckner. Elgie was twice married before meeting his companion. His second marriage was to the late Darvae Lynette Scott. He was the father of four daughters, Cynthia Scott (Jonathan Shifflett); Crystal Scott (Roderick Day); both of Lynchburg, Celissa Burks of Salem, VA, and Ebony Mason (Aaron) of North Carolina. Elgie also has two sons, Elgie Ray Scott Jr. (Loretta Edwards), and Curtis Lamont Pannell (Shanta Pannell). In addition to his children, he is survived by one brother, James Scott Sr., and a host of grandchildren, nieces, and nephews.
Whoever knew him understood that he was an avid fisherman, a proud USMC mechanic, a well-known member of American Legion Post 16, and an extremely motivated Washington Redskins (Commanders) fan. He was crazy about his two girls, Crystal, and Cynthia. They are his youngest two and he took great pride in calling them his daughters. If he was your friend, you could count on him. He is greatly missed by his family and everybody he came in contact with.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Elgie Ray's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.