Obituaries » Elizabeth Joan Bowers
Elizabeth Joan Smart Bowers, 70, of Forest went to be with the Lord on April 7, 2021.
She was the wife of Charles (Tim) Bowers for 42 years.
Born on January 25, 1950 in Piedmont, Al, a daughter of the late Harold and Sarah Smart.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her daughter, Bonnie Brewster and a sister, Linda Garrison.
She had worked at Wakefield’s as a personal assistant and was a member of St. Thomas More Catholic Church.
Elizabeth is survived by her devoted husband Charles (Tim), and her daughter Sarah Welch and husband Cory, grandchildren, Mason Welch and Kaitlyn Welch and a sister, Martha Smart.
In Lieu of flowers please make contributions to: More Aid, St Thomas More Catholic Church, Lynchburg, VA 24501, The American Cancer Society, 2050 Langhorne Rd, Ste 201, Lynchburg, VA 24501, or Alzheimer’s Association central and western VA chapter, 1022 Commerce St, Lynchburg, VA 24504.
A Funeral Mass will be held at 12:00 p.m. noon on Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at St. Thomas More Catholic Church, with Monseigneur Michael D. McCarron officiating.
Burial Date April 13, 2021
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Elizabeth's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021