Obituaries » Elizabeth Joyce Skinnell
Elizabeth Joyce Skinnell age 78 of Lynchburg went to be with the LORD on Tuesday, November 9, 2021. She was preceded in death by her parents James J. and Verna M. Neiman and a son Kevin Robert Lengel.
Elizabeth retired from Wernersville State Hospital as a registered Psychiatric Nurse for 30 years. She was very involved with clients recovery and helping them acclimate back into society. Elizabeth worked for Bedford Counseling Center part time for 15 years as a Registered Psychiatric Nurse. She was very passionate in the care for clients. Often she went out into the community to clients homes if they weren’t able to come to the center. In her free time she enjoyed bike riding, horseback riding, hiking, planting in her many gardens, music and dancing. She is survived by a daughter and son-in-law Kim B. and Randall W. Overstreet Brother in law Denny Lengel Family Friends Gary and Linda Overstreet.
A memorial service will be held in Tharp Funeral Homes Lynchburg Chapel on Monday, November 15, 2021 at 1 P.M.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Elizabeth's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021