Obituaries » Elizabeth Woodle Burford
Elizabeth Woodle Burford, 96, of Lynchburg, died Sunday, December 18, 2022. She was the widow of Wallace Lee Burford.
Born in Richmond, Va., she was a daughter of the late Willis Alvin Woodle and Alice Whitlock Woodle. In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by three sisters, Virginia E. Jennings, Willis E. McKenna, and Ernestine Dodl; and her beloved son, Gordon Burford.
Elizabeth was a graduate of E.C. Glass High School and Virginia Commercial College. For many years she was a resident of Silver Springs, Md., Glendale and Tucson, Ariz., before returning to Lynchburg. She worked as an Administrative Assistant in the Federal Government until her retirement in 1988. She was a life member of the DAV Auxiliary and a member of Forest Road United Methodist Church.
Elizabeth is survived by her son David Burford and his wife, Alicia, of Oro Valley, Ariz.; as well as many nieces, nephews, and friends.
Elizabeth was a kind, gentle, and caring lady and all that knew her liked and loved her.
Eternal rest and final peace grant unto her, O Lord, and let light always shine on her.
A celebration of Elizabeth’s life will be held on Friday, December 30, 2022 at 11 a.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Elizabeth Woodle's life with a short message, photo or video!
Elizabeth Woodle does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021