Obituaries » Ellen Ross Branch
Ellen Ross Branch, 69, of Big Island, VA, passed away on Saturday, September 10, 2022. Ellen was the daughter of the late Ray and Lucille Ross. In addition to her parents, she is preceded in death by her siblings: Myrene Brown, Brenda Arthur, Sharon Clements and Ronald Ross.
She leaves to cherish in her memory her loving husband of 52 years, H. David Branch; daughter, Roxane St.John (and husband Chris) of Concord, VA, and her son Paul Branch of Big Island, VA. She also leaves in her memory her grandchildren, Jenna St.John, Jacob St.John, Jeremy St.John (and wife Amy), River Branch and Austin Branch; great-grandchildren Ian St. John and Molly St.John. Ellen is also survived by her siblings Rayetta Knight and E. Larry Ross (and wife Janet).
Ellen was very active in her church where she served in various capacities, but most importantly enjoyed being part of the choir.
A celebration of life will be held on Tuesday, September 13, 2022, at 11:00 am at Big Island Baptist Church. The visitation will be held one hour prior to the service.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Big Island Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, P.O. Box 348, Big Island, VA 24526.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Ellen's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021