Obituaries » Estelle Burnette Howard
Estelle Burnette Howard, age 100, of Lynchburg went to be with the Lord peacefully on Thursday, May 12, 2022. She was the widow of James Earl Howard. She was also preceded in death by her siblings, Bennie Burnette, Janie Viar, Eleanor Burnette, Ashby Burnette, and Frances Lewis. Estelle was the last surviving child of the late Rush E. and Nannie Sue Wilson Burnette.
Estelle retired from General Electric. She was an active member of Forest Road United Methodist Church until her health declined. She was known for her famous pound cakes and chocolate meringue pies.
She is survived by her daughter, Delores (Danny) Perdue; three grandsons who she dearly loved, James Earl Perdue (Meg), Brian Howard (April), Daniel Todd Perdue (Tammy); great-grandchildren, Jack Perdue and Joe Perdue, both of Tulsa, OK, Hunter Perdue and Maddie Perdue, both of Goode, VA, Caleb Perdue, Cassidy Perdue, and Chloe Perdue, all of Lynchburg. She is also survived by a host of nieces and nephews that loved her.
A celebration of Estelle’s life will be held at Forest Road United Methodist Church at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, May 17, 2022. A visitation will take place one hour prior. Burial will follow at Fort Hill Memorial Park.
Memorial donations may be made to the American Heart Association, Juvenile Diabetes Association, or Forest Road United Methodist Church.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Estelle's life with a short message, photo or video!
Estelle does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021