Obituaries » Faye Lynn Bruffy Brooks
Faye Lynn Bruffy Brooks, 70 of Lynchburg, was called home to be with the Lord on Saturday, January 22, 2022, at her residence. She was the wife of Donald Brooks for 37 years.
Faye was born February 1, 1951, in Lynchburg to the late James Hamlet Bruffy and Nellie Bruffy Breeden. She was preceded in death by her stepfather Russell M. Breeden, brothers in law Marshall R. Witt, Dennis Brooks, Butch Hudson, sisters in law Evelyn G Bruffy and Debra Hudson. She was a member of Gethsemane Baptist Church and retired from the City of Lynchburg after 29 years of employment. She was very sweet, loving and kind to all.
In addition to her husband she is survived by her children Jonathan Burford (Lisa), Kimberly Williams (Otis), Anthony Scott Burford (Stacy) and Daniel Brooks, eight grandchildren and one great grandchild; her sister Sandra Witt; brothers Cartlton Bruffy and Melvin Bruffy (Angelia); stepsisters Judy Brower (Jim) and Bonnie Boyd (Jerry); brothers in law Robert Viar (Patsy), Bill Viar ( Claudia). A special niece Jennifer Muncy and numerous other nieces, nephews, family and friends.
A memorial service will be conducted at a later date. In lieu of flowers, please consider donating to Gethsemane Baptist Church 411 Blue Ridge Street Lynchburg, Virginia 24501. The family would like to express sincere thanks to Heartland Hospice and her special caretakers Donna, Emily and Penny for the care she received during the last year.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
A memorial service will be conducted at a later date.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Faye's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021