Obituaries » Fieldon Ray Southern
Fieldon Ray Southern, 88, of Bedford, passed away on June 19, 2022, due to complications from Vascular Dementia. He was born in Pulaski Co. on December 6, 1933, to the late Everett Jordan Southern and Zelma Jennings Southern. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his brothers, Forest Southern, Calvin Southern, and Walter “Poochie” Southern and sister, Iris S. Rasnake.
Ray had a special love for dogs, especially his current one Maverick. He loved the outdoors and walking through the woods with his dog. He also liked to whittle and would spend hours making walking sticks.
He is survived by his wife, Jan A. Jabin Southern. His children from his first marriage, Diane Southern, Lisa DuBose and Suzanne Holston; four grandchildren; brother, Ronald Southern; sister, Doris Dawson and numerous nieces and nephews.
Memorial Contributions may be made to the Friends of Bedford County Animal Shelter or the Friends of Campbell County Animal Shelter.
A reception celebrating Ray’s life will be conducted from 2:00 pm until 4:00 pm on Saturday, July 9, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Fieldon's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021