Obituaries » Florris Dodson Reid
Florris Dodson Reid, 95, of Forest, VA, died Tuesday, January 10, 2023. She was the loving wife of the late James Kent Reid.
Florris was born May 29, 1927, in Halifax County, VA, a daughter of the late Harry Dodson and Nolie Hall Dodson. She loved bowling, playing Bingo at McDonalds, sewing, cooking, gardening, and working in her yard.
She is survived by her daughter, Barbara R. Mallow (Mike), Concord, VA, son, James E. Reid, Forest, VA, grandchildren, Jennifer Mallow, Concord, VA, Jamie Mallow (Amy), Huddleston, VA, Jodi Mallow (Shaun), Forest, VA, Amy Tabor, Matthews, NC, Frank Tabor, IV (Shelly) Roanoke, VA, great-grandchildren, Evan Tabor, Roanoke, VA, Bailey Tabor, Roanoke, VA, Addyson Mallow, Huddleston, VA, Michael Mallow, Huddleston, VA, Grayson Conway, Forest, VA; granddaughter-in-law, Kandy W. Reid, Madison Heights, VA, and a number of nieces and nephews.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by her daughter, Nancy R. Tabor, two grandchildren, Christopher T. Reid, and Joseph Mallow, four sisters, Clara D. Clay, Geraldine D. Daniel, Alise Clay, Jewel Saunders, and a brother, William Edward Dodson.
A graveside service will be conducted at Spring Hill Cemetery on Friday, January 13, 2023, at 11:00 am with Chaplain Brian Whited officiating.
The family would also like to extend their appreciation to Gentle Shepherd Hospice, Visiting Angels, caregivers, Vanessa, Marsea, and Brenda, and Dr. Robert and staff.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Florris's life with a short message, photo or video!
Florris does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021