Obituaries » Flossie Banks
I heard the voice of Jesus say; ‘I am this dark world’s light. Look unto me; thy morn shall rise, And all thy days be bright!” “ I looked to Jesus and I found In him my star and sun; And in that Light of Life I’ll walk Till traveling days are done.”
Ms. Flossie Beatrice Banks daughter of the late John and Brady Fitzgerald Banks transitioned from this life to her Heavenly home on April 8, 2022. She was born on November 1, 1933 in Pittsylvania County, Va. She was preceded in death by nine brothers, and four sisters.
Flossie accepted Christ at an early age at White Oak Baptist Church in Dry Fork, Va. She moved to New Rochelle, N.Y. where she attended Shiloh Baptist Church. She graduated from Southside High School in Blairs, VA.
Flossie is survived by one sister Ms. Tina Waller of Upper Marlboro, Md.; one aunt, Geraldine Fitzgerald; in-laws, Archie Walker, and Yvonne Banks, and host of nieces, nephews, and friends.
“ I heard the voice of Jesus say: Come unto me and rest. Lay down, thou weary one , lay down… Thy head upon my breast. “ “ I came to Jesus as I was weary and worn and sad; I found in him a resting place, And he has made me glad.”
A celebration of Flossie’s life will be held on 3:00 pm Saturday April 23, 2022 at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg Chapel.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Flossie's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021