Obituaries » Frances E. Alexander
Frances Elizabeth Alexander, 90 years old, was born October 24,1932 to the late Price Younger Alexander and Otis Josper Alexander Sr. She departed this earthly life January 6,2023 at Lynchburg General Hospital.
Frances was a member of Church of Rock Baptist Church under the leadership of Sarah Carter. She enjoyed cooking, in fact she was known for her Chitterlings. Frances retired after 20 plus years as a cook from Lynchburg General Hospital, most would remember her from cooking at Sue’s Inn and BB Grill on Florida Avenue.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by two brothers Otis Alexander Jr. and Silas Alexander, three sisters Gladys Alexander, Christine Stewart, and Shirley Blalark, one daughter Janice Graham, three grandchildren Carolyn Alexander, twins Sherman Clark and Shewin Clark.
Frances leaves to cherish her memories six children Thomas Alexander (Maria) Gloria Alexander, Jacquline Alexander, Donald Alexander (Melvine), Gwendolyn Carter (Andre) and Paula Johnson (Anthony Sr.), one sister Elaine Wright, one brother Paul Alexander (Judith), one sister-in-law Theresa Alexander. Over 100 plus grandchildren, great grandchildren, a host of nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
A celebration of life will be held at 2:00 pm on Monday, January 16, 2023 at Tharp Funeral Home Lynchburg Chapel. A visitation will be Sunday January 15, 2023 from 6:00 pm until 7:00 pm at Tharp Funeral Home.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
TO VIEW THE MEMORIAL PROGRAM FOR FRANCES CLICK BELOW:
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Frances's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021