Obituaries » Frank H. Marple
Frank H. Marple, age 78, passed away December 29, 2022 at Lynchburg General Hospital after a long battle with lung cancer.
He is survived by his wife of 56 years, Sally, two children, Scott Marple and Brian Marple, two daughters-in-law, Amy & Suzanne, four grandchildren Grace, Noah, Dylan, and Lauren. He also leaves behind three sisters, Mary-Gail Kokish, Beverly DiMenna, and Carolyn Porter.
He is a Veteran of the Vietnam War, where he earned The Army Commendation Medal and Vietnam Service Medal w/ two Bronze Service Stars, while serving in the 124th Signal Battalion, 4th Infantry Division, which also earned the Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm and The Republic of Vietnam Civil Actions Honor Medal First Class unit citations.
Frank grew up in Charleston, WV, and a graduate of Stonewall Jackson High School and West Virginia State University. He is the only son of Frank & Grace Marple, and brother to Sally, Mary-Gail, Beverly and Carolyn Marple.
Services will be held Friday, January 6, 2023 at 1 p.m. at Tharp Funeral Home in Lynchburg, VA and laid to rest at Virginia Memorial Park in Forest, VA. We invite you to donate to Boonsboro Volunteer Fire & Rescue Company in their honor, in lieu of sending flowers.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Frank H.'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021