Obituaries » Frank Victor Knight
Frank Victor Knight, 70, passed away on Tuesday, August 16, 2022, at Runk & Pratt. Frank’s parents were Frank Thornton and Ruth Victor Knight of Altavista, Va.
He is survived by his wife of 39 years, Ann Johnson Knight of Lynchburg; his daughter, Jenni Williams and her husband, Brad, of Simpsonville, S. C.; his brother and sister-in-law, Ed and Pam Knight, of Towson, Md.; his brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Lee and Rhonda Johnson of Forest; nieces and nephew, Beth Williams (Court), Bryant Knight (Bonnie), Savannah Cook (David), and Carmen Johnson; four great nieces and one great nephew.
Frank graduated from Altavista High School and earned his degree in political science from Virginia Tech. Frank was a dedicated sports fan and will be remembered for his love of Virginia Tech Hokies football and basketball, as well as the New York Yankees. Frank worked in sales for most of his career and retired after twenty years from James T. Davis Paint. He was an elder and active member of Rivermont Evangelical Presbyterian Church, always greeting visitors and friends alike with a warm smile.
A memorial service will be conducted Saturday, August 20, 2022 at 2 p.m. at Rivermont Evangelical Presbyterian Church (2424 Rivermont Avenue, Lynchburg, VA 24503) by Pastor Ron Cox. The family will receive friends at the church following the service.
You are welcome to help us celebrate Frank’s life by wearing Hokie maroon, orange, and white to the service.
Those wanting to honor Frank’s memory may consider a gift to the Rivermont EPC Body Life fund, which was established to help church members in need.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Frank Victor's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021