Obituaries » Franklin F. Kidd
Franklin Ferrell Kidd, of Bedford, formerly of Roanoke, died peacefully on Sunday, January 2, 2022. Frank was married to the love of his life, Carolyn Burton Kidd, for 47 years.
In addition to Carolyn, Frank is survived by his daughters Sandy (Eric) Bellamy of Keller, Texas, and Cori (Lud) Fairchild of Bedford, Virginia; his four grandchildren Lauren and Ethan Bellamy and Noah and Luke Fairchild; sister Iris K. Vandergrift; and brother Gerald (Jerry) Kidd.
Frank was born in Giles County on August 12, 1938, to the late James Frazier and Mammie Belle Kidd. Frank was a veteran of the Air Force and retired from IBM after 30 years of employment.
A celebration of life will be held at Bethlehem United Methodist Church in Moneta (13586 South Old Moneta Road, Moneta VA 24121) on Saturday, January 8, 2022, at 2 pm. Family will receive visitors at the church an hour prior to the service.
The family requests that masks be worn for the protection of everyone in attendance. In lieu of flowers, the family suggest that contributions be made to Food for Kids P.O. Box 674 Bedford, VA 24523.
Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford is assisting the family. To send condolences online, please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Franklin's life with a short message, photo or video!
Franklin does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021