Obituaries » G.W. Bass Jr.
G.W. Bass Jr. passed away Monday, August 29, 2022, at his residence. He was the son of the late George William Bass Sr. and Lucille Bass. In addition to his parents, he was also preceded in death by his loving wife Jo Anne Bass.
G.W. is survived by his daughters, Sunny Shrader of Forest, Va. and Brooke Ford (Stephen) of Appomattox, Va; one granddaughter, Ashbey Shrader; two grandsons, Jacob Johnson and Bronson Hise, and great grandson, Maverick Johnson.
G.W. enjoyed living life to its fullest especially his passion for Harley-Davidson motorcycles, drag racing, his dog Joey, and spending time with his many many friends and family.
A celebration of G.W.’s life will be held at 4 p.m. on Saturday, September 3, 2022, at the family’s residence 1381 Cifax Road, Forest, Va.
Flowers and condolences can be sent to the residence.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate G.W.'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021