Obituaries » Gary Wayne Miller
Gary Wayne Miller
Gary Wayne Miller of Rustburg, Va., went to be with his Lord, Wednesday, April 12, 2023. He was the husband of Mildred “Milly” Flickinger Miller.
He was born on July 24, 1936, the son of the late Anson and Hazel Miller of Schellsburg, Pa. Later the family moved to Adams County, Pa. when Gary was in the 9th grade and graduated with the class of 1954 from York Springs High School, York Springs, Pa.
He was preceded in death by his sisters, Jean and Margie and brother Daun Miller.
Gary is survived by two sons, Bradford Miller of McClure, Pa., and Timothy Miller of York, Pa.: grandchildren, Brad Paul, Ryan and Tara Miller, stepchildren, Kimberly and husband, Ken Kafel and their children, K.J. and Kyra, Raymond Lawton, Jr. and wife, Jean and their children Raymond Lawton III and Jeremy Lawton, Katie and husband Jeramy and Bethany Arbec and son, Landyn Arbec; step grandchildren, Christopher Moniz and wife, Terry and their children, William and Amelia Moniz and Jessica Moniz.
Gary was active in several churches singing gospel music and sang in two different gospel groups. He retired from the U.S. Post office.
A memorial service will be held at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, Va. at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 22, 2023.
Memorial contributions may be made to: Heart of Worship Ministries, 254 Plain Run Road, Appomattox, Va. 24522, or Cody Church of God of Prophecy (in care of Pastor Ava Mitchell), 377 Crows Road, Gladys, Va., 24554 or charity of your choice.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Gary Wayne's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.