Obituaries » Gavin Alexander Miller
We are sad to announce the passing of Gavin Alexander Miller of Lynchburg, Virginia. He died at the age of 18 on October 20, 2022, from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident that occurred five days prior.
Gavin was a graduate of Brookville High School, attended Campbell County Technical Center and had future aspirations of beginning a career in law enforcement. He was an avid reader and fan of cinema, with a strong interest in science fiction, Anime, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings. Gavin loved spending time and playing with his younger cousins. His other hobbies included archery and playing basketball as well as a passion for listening to classic rock and roll music.
He is survived by his mother, Tonya Bernard; two sisters, Hannah Thomas and Abby Bernard; maternal grandmother, Suzie Simmons; paternal grandmother, Judy Miller. He is also survived by several devoted aunts, uncles and cousins who will always carry his memory in their hearts.
He is preceded in death by his father, Jeffrey Miller and his paternal grandfather, Tommy Simmons.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial donation can be made to Gavin’s funeral expenses. Fund A Family Gavin Miller
A funeral service will be held at Tharp Funeral Home on Wednesday, October 26, 2022, at 12:00 PM. Interment will follow at Leffler Community Cemetery. A visitation will be held at Tharp Funeral Home on Tuesday, October 25, 2022, from 3:00 to 5:00 PM.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Gavin Alexander's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021