Obituaries » Gene Gilbert McCormick
Gene Gilbert McCormick
Gene Ella Gilbert McCormick of Holcomb Rock, passed on to be with her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ on February 2, 2023 in the loving presence of her daughter.
Gene was born in Covington, Virginia, on October 8, 1927, and is now reunited with her husband, Garrett Eugene McCormick and her daughter, Dreama Kay McCormick.
Gene is survived by her daughters, Ruth Harvey (Glenn), Donna McCormick and Twila Cantrall (Peter), 3 grandsons; Lonnie Miles (Vanessa), Zachary Gibson, Justin Woodford, and daughter, Lucy.
Gene loved her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and was a member of Heritage Baptist Church.
A celebration of life memorial is forthcoming.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Gene Gilbert's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.