Obituaries » George Edward McCormick
On January 17, 2022, George E. McCormick, Sr. closed his eyes on Earth and opened them in Heaven. He was born January 30, 1941, in Buena Vista, Va. He is survived by his wife Joyce A. McCormick, his honey, who he married June 11, 1960, in Sparta, N. C.
He was preceded in death by his father Raymond D. and mother Ruth Nuckols McCormick; brother Preston Montgomery; his one son George E. McCormick Jr.; and daughter Brenda J. McCormick.
He is survived by daughters Ruth J. Cash and Tammy G. Evans; eight grandchildren: Terry L. Evans Jr. (Sherry), Jessica Bell (Kevin), Carmen Cash, B.J. Pearce, Christopher McCormick (Amanda), Aaron McCormick (Cassidy), Amber “Nikki” Stinnett, and Wade Stinnett, Jr. (Melinda); 6 great-grandchildren; and his fur baby Lucky.
He was employed by Schewel Furniture Co. for over forty years. He was a member of Thomas Road Baptist Church and Marshall Lodge for over fifty years.
A graveside service will be held at Virginia Memorial Park January 25, 2022 at 2:00 PM, officiated by H.B. Enochs, Jr.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate George's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021