Obituaries » George Vernon Winfield, Jr.
George Vernon Winfield, Jr.
George Vernon Winfield, Jr., 84, of Madison Heights passed away Friday, March 24, 2023 at Tate Springs Health and Rehab. He was the husband of the late Tillie Ann Winfield.
Born in Memphis, TN on March 30, 1938 he was a son of the late George Winfield, Sr. and Helen Winfield. He was a retired sales manager with Sears. George loved the outdoors, was an avid hunter and devoted his time and love to his church and family.
He is survived by his children, Jill Winfield of Madison Heights, Dave Winfield and wife Barbara of Roanoke, Amy Sinclair and husband Chuck of Midlothian and Alex Winfield of Orlando, FL; a brother, Harry Winfield and wife Gwen of Broken Arrow, OK; seven grandchildren, Christy, Rusty, Samantha, Jalie, Lindsay, Taylor and Nathan; and 11 great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 11:00 am Saturday, April 22, 2023 at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate George's life with a short message, photo or video!
George does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.