Obituaries » Gloria Jean Wood Harris
Our beautiful Gloria W. Harris went to be with The Lord, November 29, 2022. Gloria is preceded in death by her parents, Terry and Mildred, and sister, Helen Parker. She is survived by her husband, Roy; daughters Sherry and Shanda; and grandsons, Joshua and Daniel. She was a member of Bethel Baptist Church, and loved to sing and worship The Lord. Her laughter and smile were infectious, as was her love for family and friends. She liked to ride tractors, garden, and go to Sunset Beach. She was a gentle rock for others during difficult times, and was loved by so many.
A visitation will be held on Sunday, December 4th from 3-5pm at Tharp Funeral Home in Bedford, Virginia. A graveside service will be held on Monday, December 5th at 2pm at Virginia Memorial Park in Forest, Virginia.
Tharp Funeral Home in Bedford is assisting the family.
Burial Date December 5, 2022
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Gloria's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021