Obituaries » Goldie Goodman Dowdy
Goldie Goodman Dowdy, 83 of Rustburg, passed away on Tuesday, January 17, 2023. She was the wife of Clarence A. “Slim” Dowdy for 60 years.
Born in Bedford Co. on February 2, 1939, to the late John Veil Godman and Mary Elizabeth Laughlin Goodman.
Goldie was also preceded in death by a brother John (Buster) Goodman. She was an employee of GE-/Ericsson for 31 years and a member of Rustburg Baptist church.
She leaves to cherish her memory her devoted husband Clarence “Slim” Dowdy, a daughter Sherry Dowdy Brady and Jim, a son John (Jay) Dowdy and Genia, four grandchildren, Katie, Matt, Ashley and Reed, two great grandchildren, Issac and Isabel, also a dear sister Mildred Keesee and Delmas.
She adored her family and loved to cook their favorite dishes when they came to visit.
Funeral Services will be held at Rustburg Baptist Church on Monday January 23, 2023, at 3:00 p.m.by Reverend Rick Cole, Visitation will be one hour prior to service, Burial to follow in Cumbie Memorial Cemetery.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Goldie's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021