Obituaries » Gordon Thomas Trammell
Gordon Thomas Trammell,Sr born December 6, 1938 passed away peacefully at Spotsylvania Regional Hospital on June 14, 2022 with his eldest daughter by his side. As a child he was known as “quick draw McGraw” and often his Mom would call him “Gordie”.
He attended Baptist Bible College for a time, and loved discussing the Bible and talking about the Lord. He loved discussing politics and said voting is important and fundamental as an individual. He was in the Army. He loved his country.
He was predeceased by his parents William and Mary Trammell, his sister Sandra Trammell Manis, brother William Eugene “Bill” Trammell and his wife Susan Trammell.
He leaves behind his 3 children, Gordon Thomas Trammell, Jr of. Canaan Vt, his daughter Kathryn Louise Trammell of Lebanon NH and his daughter Brenda Louise Trammell of Columbus NC. He leaves his brothers Jerry Trammell, Sidney King and his sisters Marie Call and Lilian “Squirt” Orne. He also leaves behind grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces and nephews as well as many friends.
We will be having a celebration of life later this Fall in New England in the Sunapee area where he lived so much of his life and had so many memories there. Date will be shared at later time. In lieu of flowers, we ask that if you so feel led, you give a donation to DHMC organ transplant center or a donation to the NH Association for the Blind, both of which played significant roles in his life.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Gordon Thomas's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021