Obituaries » Grace Allen Payne Sadler
Grace Allen Payne Sadler, 96, slipped away peacefully early Friday morning, September 23, 2022, at Lynchburg General Hospital.
She was born on February 2, 1926, to the late Kate Payne (Witcher) and Ennis Monroe in Altavista, VA.
She was the wife of the late Robert Theodore Sadler, with whom she shared 51 wonderful and happy years.
Preceded in death by her sister Pauline Payne and brother Isaac Payne, Jr; she leaves to celebrate her life and mourn her passing, one sister, Virgie P. Jones of Lynchburg, a devote niece and great-nephew, Sheila Jones and Jalil Bowles, both of Lynchburg, VA, a very special great-niece, Nicole Payne of Rustburg, VA, very special and devoted friends, Shirley Bradley, Louise Townsend and Geraldine Clark, and a host of nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Grace loved the Lord and accepted the gift of salvation at an early age, attending First Baptist Church South Lynchburg in her child and early adulthood. Upon returning to Lynchburg after living in Washington, DC for many years, she returned to her home church where she served faithfully in the Deaconess and Missionary Ministries until the declining of her health.
She was a feisty and independent woman who made an impact on the community and all those who knew her. She loved cooking and eating good food, and it was her joy to entertain guest in her home. The door was always open, and she always had an open hand; willing to help anyone in need.
A service will be held Saturday, October 1, 2022, at 1:00 P.M., at Tharp Funeral Home and Crematory, 220 Breezewood Drive, Lynchburg, VA 24502.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Grace 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021