Obituaries » Grace Lee Hoyt
Grace Lee Hoyt passed to her Eternal Rest in her apartment at “The Summit” in Lynchburg, Va., on April 12, 2021. She was the wife of the late William K. Hoyt. Grace was born the daughter of William Adelbert and Ethel Burrhus Lee in Washington DC in 1920. She spent most of her life as a real estate agent in Milford, CT.
It is there she raised her three children, Joyce wife of Leo McGrath, Lynchburg, Va., David L. Gammons, husband of Jane, North Myrtle Beach, S.C., and Stephen W. Gammons, husband of Sharon, Forrest City N.C. Other survivors are 8 grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren and 8 great great-grandchildren.
Grace moved to Lynchburg with her husband William in 2002. She has always been active in church, hospital, and rehabilitation programs.
Her many enjoyments during her 100 plus years have been writing, hiking, Alpine skiing and she attended over 50 Elder Hostel sponsored trips around the world. At the age of 100 she published a book of her poetry.
A memorial Service will be announced at the convenience of the family.
Donations in her memory may be made to Kirkridge Retreat and Study Ct., 2495 Fox Gap Road, Bangor, PA 18013 or Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 1000 Langhorne Road, Lynchburg, Va.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Grace's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021