Obituaries » Grace Vivvian Persinger Jones
Grace Vivvian Persinger Jones, 89, of Moneta, passed away on Sunday, September 12, 2021, at Bedford County Nursing Home. She was born on June 15, 1932. A daughter of the late Elonza Persinger and Sarah Elizabeth Williams Persinger. In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, James William Jones, Sr, daughter, Faye Calvert and a sister, Carlee Sellick.
Grace was a member of the Moneta Senior Citizens group and loved spending time with her family and friends. She enjoyed cooking, sewing, playing bingo, dancing, going on vacations and traveling to new destinations. She was loved by her family and will be missed dearly.
Grace is survived by her three sons, James Jones, Jr., Sam Jones and Danny Jones and his wife, Carolyn; grandchildren, Steve Porter, Mark Porter, Sheila Feagans and her husband, Kevin and Cindy Mayhew and her fiancée, Scotty Reynolds. She is also survived by beloved cat PeeWee also numerous other family many friends.
For those wishing to make memorial contributions please consider Moneta Rescue Squad.
A funeral service and celebration of Grace’s life will be conducted at 2:00 pm on Wednesday, September 15, 2021, at Tharp Funeral Chapel. Burial will follow in Greenwood Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6:00 until 8:00pm on Tuesday, September 14, 2021, at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford. To send condolences online please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Burial Date September 15, 2021
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Grace's life with a short message, photo or video!
Grace does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021