Obituaries » Guy Scott Whitley
Guy Scott Whitley, age 71, of Richmond, VA departed this life at St. Marys Hospital on September 4, 2022, after a brief illness.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Joseph, and Ann Whitley along with his two siblings, Mary Ann Griffin and Roy B. Whitley.
He is survived by his loving and devoted wife of 34 years, Joanne N. Whitley. He has a host of nieces and nephews.
For those wishing to make memorial contributions in Guy’s memory please consider the Richmond SPCA in his name.
A graveside service will be held at 12:00 noon at Greenwood Cemetery located at 1131 Park Street, Bedford, VA 24523 with Rev. Jack Davis officiating. To send condolences online please visit tharpfuneralhome.com. Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford is assisting the family.
Burial Date September 8, 2022
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Guy's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021