Obituaries » Harry Mitchell Funk, Sr.
Harry Mitchell Funk, Sr.
Harry Mitchell Funk, Sr., 79, of Madison Heights passed away Monday, August 16, 2021. He was the husband of Sylvia C. Funk.
Harry was born August 26, 1941, in Fairmont, West Virginia, a son of the late Russell Funk and Ethel Sigley Funk. In addition to his wife, he is survived by his two children: Mae Burch (C.W.) of Amherst and Harry Mitchell Funk, Jr. (Judy) of Hickory, NC, four grandchildren: Melissa, Cindy, Katie, and C.W. Jr., five great-grandchildren, three sisters, and two brothers. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by two brothers and one great-grandson.
The family will have a memorial gathering from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Sunday, August 22, 2021, at the home of his daughter, 281 Eagle Road, Amherst, VA 24521.
The family would like to give a special thanks to the staff at Guggenheimer Nursing Home for their excellent care of Harry in his final years.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Harry Mitchell's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.