Obituaries » Harry Read Noell
Harry Read Noell, age 99, died peacefully on 1 November 2021. He was the son of Henry S. Noell and Mary Cofer Noell. He was predeceased by his wife, Beatrice (Bobbie) Lee White Noell. Harry grew up in Goose Creek Valley in Bedford County, Virginia. He served in the 44th infantry division in Europe during WWII. After the war he married Bobbie and they lived in Richmond where Harry was a builder. After his wife’s death, he moved back to Bedford County. He is survived by his nieces, Beverly Burgess and Barbara N. Tignor and nephews, George Thomas Noell and William Noell, numerous cousins and his good friend, Lucille H. Boggess.
A graveside service will be held at Greenwood Cemetery on Friday, November 5, 2021, at 11:00 am.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Harry's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021