Obituaries » Harry Vincent Haga, Jr.
Harry Vincent Haga, Jr., 94, passed away Tuesday, January 17, 2023. He was born on December 5, 1928, to Harry V. and Mabel P. Haga in North Carolina.
He played football, basketball and baseball for Hampden-Sydney College, was a proud member of Sigma Chi and graduated at the age of nineteen. He subsequently attended the University of Virginia and served in the United States Army.
Harry was a long-time resident of Lynchburg and an active member in the Chamber of Commerce and served as President of Harry Haga Company for forty years. He loved all people and was a devoted husband, father, and grandfather.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 63 years, Nancy Shotwell Haga and his granddaughter, Meredith Haga Fox.
Harry is survived by his son, Dr. David Shotwell Haga (Sharon) and granddaughter, Virginia Leigh Haga.
Harry was a devout and founding member of Peakland Baptist Church.
In lieu of flowers please consider a donation to Peakland Baptist Church, 4018 Peakland Place, Lynchburg, VA 24503.
A private graveside service will be conducted.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Harry Vincent's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021