Obituaries » Hazel East Rigney
Hazel East Rigney
Hazel Mae East Rigney, 79, of Rustburg passed away Thursday, February 23, 2023 at her residence. She was the life partner of Bill Martin.
Born in Halifax, Virginia on September 8, 1943 she was a daughter of the late Clifton East and Dorothy East. She was a member of Tree of Life Church.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, Rosemarie Lambert; a granddaughter, Teresa Frances; five siblings, Virginia East, G. Clyde East, Ed East, Stewart East and Albert East.
She is survived by, two children, Ellen Murray and Okie Rigney; two brothers, Bill East and Acie Bailey East; five grandchildren, Sean, Bradley, Jennifer, Jessica, and Robert; and four great-grandchildren
A memorial picnic will be held at the family residence Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 1:00 PM. 136 Oak Grove Dr. Rustburg, VA 24588
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Hazel's life with a short message, photo or video!
Hazel does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.