Obituaries » Helen Burrows Arthur
Helen Burrows Arthur, 95, of Bedford, Virginia passed away on Saturday, May 28, 2022. She is survived by her nephews, William A. Burrows Jr. (Joy), Charles Hampton Arthur (Sara), Claude Arthur, Jr.; nieces, Deborah Lynn Burrows, and Mary Walter Arthur; brother-in-law, Claude Arthur; great-nieces, Darby Allen and Lacy Burrows Adams, Josie Nena Arthur, and Caroline Astor Midkiff; great-nephew, Loudoun Paul Arthur; four great-great-nieces, and two great-great-nephews.
Helen was preceded in death by her husband Roger Hampton Arthur, Father Clarence Grady Burrows, Mother Ethel Howell Burrows, Sister Dorothy Burrows Reynolds (Mike), Brother William Alexander Burrows (Dorothy), and many aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Helen was a long time member of Bedford Main Street United Methodist Church. She was on the board of multiple garden and book clubs. Helen attended Greensboro College and received her degree in elementary education leading her to teach many years.
Memorial contributions can be made to Best Friends Animal Society at 5001 Angel Canyon Road Knab, Utah 84741-5000 or visit online at https://bestfriends.org/
A memorial service will be held Friday, June 3, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home, Bedford at 2 pm. The family will receive friends one hour prior.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send online condolences please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Helen's life with a short message, photo or video!
Helen does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021