Obituaries » Helen Jeanette Gravely
Helen Jeanette Nickell Fariss Gravely, 86 passed away November 1st, 2022. She was predeceased by her first husband of fifty-five years, James F. Fariss; a daughter, Susan Jeanette Fariss Dodge; her parents John and Katherine Nickell; and her sister, Margaret N. Bowling. She is survived by her daughter Sharon Fariss Dossel and husband Will; her second husband Ralph O. Gravely; four grandchildren – Brian Dodge, Andy, Richard and Jeanette Dossel; and five great grandchildren and several nieces and nephews. She always put Our Lord first in everything she did. At her request, there will be no services.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory in Roanoke is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Helen's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021