Obituaries » Helen S. Tatom
Helen S. Tatom
Helen S. Tatom, 89, of Lynchburg, Virginia passed away on February 9, 2023. She was the daughter of the late Sidney M. Shapiro and Undine L. Shapiro, and the wife of Andrew J. Tatom, II.
Helen was born on May 20, 1933, in Long Island, New York. She obtained her degree in Home Economics at Adelphi University where she was an avid swimmer and member of the diving team.
Helen followed her children to Lynchburg becoming a regular at her grandchildren’s school and sporting events. She loved evenings with family and friends while sharing stories of the past with all who would listen.
Helen was a member of First Christian Church and enjoyed the choir on each Sunday.
Helen is survived by her children: Andy (Sue) and Matt (Tiffany); her grandchildren: Drew, Alex, Matthew, Austin, Connor and Sawyer; her brother: Robert; and many loving friends in the community.
A memorial service will be held on 2/25/2023, at 4:00 pm at First Christian Church with Reverend Ken Burger officiating with a private family gathering to follow. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to University of Lynchburg.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit www.tharpfuneralhome.com
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Helen S.'s life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.