Obituaries » Henry Ray Privett
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Henry “Ray” Privett, 94, of Lynchburg, Va. Passed away on August 12, 2021. He was the loving husband of Deborah B. Privett for 35 years, together for 40 years.
Born in Concord, N.C. on April 17, 1927, he was the son of the late Rev. Brady O. Privett and the late Daisy Smith Privett. Along with his parents, he was preceded in death by two sisters, Elsie P. Wade and Margie P. Musselman.
Ray served in the United States Marine Corps and worked for Otis Elevator Company until retirement. After he retired, he worked for Justis Construction.
Along with his wife, Ray is survived by three children, Ray O. Privett (Christin), LaWana P. Gurganus (Eddie), and Amanda P. Ramos (Luis); four nephews whom he considered his sons, Bill Justis, Roger Wade, Thomas Davis, and Timothy Davis; one sister Flonnie P. Collie; six granddaughters: Caitlyn, Colleen, Isabella, Jennah, Rachel, and Skylar whom he loved with all his heart; a great-grandson due any day, Grayson; and several other nieces and nephews.
A memorial service will be held on Wednesday, August 18, 2021 at 6 p.m. at Mt. View Church of God on English Tavern Road with Pastor Lonnie Wickard officiating. Since Ray’s favorite color was purple, we are asking who ever attends to dress casually and wear purple.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Celebrate Henry's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021