Obituaries » Iris Mae Metts Wheeler
Iris Mae Metts Wheeler
Iris Mae Metts Wheeler, 89, of Lynchburg, went to be with the Lord on Wednesday, February 8, 2023.
She was born on March 9, 1933 in Amherst County, Va. and was the daughter of the late Ruby S. and H.H. (Mack) Ferguson and the late Reginald C. Metts. She was a longtime member of Sandusky Baptist Church and retired from Crestar Bank after nearly 45 years of service.
She is survived by her sons Gregory A. Wheeler (Kim) and Michael K. Wheeler (Vanessa); her grandchildren Jennifer Wheeler, Chris Wheeler (Samantha), Adam Yeatts (Katelin), Chad Wheeler (Ashley), Jacob Yeatts, and Cameron Wheeler; and her great-grandchildren Landon, Hannah-May, and Riley Wheeler, and Ellie Mae Chambers. Along with her parents she was preceded in death by a brother Jimmie H. Metts.
The family will receive friends Sunday, February 12, 2023 at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, from 1 to 3 p.m. A celebration of life will be held on Monday, February 13, 2023 at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg at 11 a.m. Interment will follow at Fort Hill Memorial Park.
The family wishes to express their deepest gratitude to the staff at Heritage Green and Centra Hospice for the exceptional love and care given to Iris in her time of need, especially her hospice nurse, Brittany.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Iris Mae Metts's life with a short message, photo or video!
Iris Mae Metts does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.