Obituaries » Jayne Quinn Freakley
Jayne Quinn Freakley died Saturday, February 26th, 2022 following a lengthy illness.
She is survived by her husband of 40 years, Ed and her sister Rebecca Macrina and her husband Joe of Whitehall, Pennsylvania; Charlie and Matty, Jane’s Golden Retrievers. She is also survived by stepsons Ben and Matthew Freakley and their wives Julianne and Michele and their children, her sisters-in-law Gwen Berner and her husband Earl and Sue Fox, her brother-in-law Ben Freakley and his wife Susan and her best friends Robert and Shirley Smither.
She was preceded in death by her parents William and Margaret Quinn and her brother William Quinn Jr.
Jayne was born November 11, 1947 in Lynchburg. She grew up in Gladstone and graduated from Nelson County High School.
She earned her bachelor of science degree, majoring in French and Spanish with a minor in journalism, from Radford College in 1968. Jayne then taught French and Spanish at Dunbar High School in Lynchburg before becoming a reporter for the Lynchburg News and Advance.
She later lived in Kennebunkport, Maine, Charlottesville, Virginia, Las Cruces, New Mexico, Woodbridge, Virginia, Bluefield, West Virginia, Bryan-College Station, Texas, and Boca Raton, Florida.
In her final years she was cared for by the compassionate nurses and staff at Heritage Green Daybreak and 7 Hills Hospice.
A private cremation will be held at Tharp Funeral Home.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Jayne's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021