Obituaries » Jean Hilton Bond
Jean H. Bond, 93, of Lynchburg, formerly of Yorktown and Newport News passed away Sunday, January 22, 2023.
She was predeceased by her husband of 51 years, Robert Bond, and her parents Harry and Dorothy Hilton
She is survived by her son Edward L. Bond (Kathleen), daughter Barbara Carter (Ray), one grandson Michael V. Carter (Danielle), and a great-granddaughter Ruth.
She was retired from the Newport News Public School System. She was a member of St. Stephens Episcopal Church, Newport News, VA, and attended Grace Memorial Episcopal Church in Lynchburg, VA.
A graveside service will be held at Peninsula Memorial Park on Monday, January 30, 2023 at 1:00 pm.
Contributions can be made to Grace Memorial Episcopal Church, 1021 New Hampshire Ave., Lynchburg VA 24502 or St. Stephens Episcopal Church, 372 Hiden Blvd., Newport News, VA, 23606
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Jean's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021