Obituaries » Jean Marr DeJarnette
Jean Marr DeJarnette
Jean Marr DeJarnette, 85, of Lynchburg went to be with the Lord on Sunday August 14, 2022. She was the widow of Ronald G. DeJarnette. She was preceded in death by her parents: Victor A. Marr and Elsie R. Marr. Jean was from a large family of 13 children and was preceded in death by her siblings: Oliver Marr, Margaret Fox, Mildred Hutcherson, Agnes Stinette, Edith Barker, Belle Creasy, Helen Kelly, and Don Marr.
Surviving are her children, Patricia D. Cross, Rhonda Ellington (Randy), Jacqueline D. Raines (Chris), Mary Beth Flowers (Reggie), Ronald Matthew DeJarnette and eight grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; siblings, Phyllis G. Witt (Bill), Roberta M. Morton (Drever), Jimmy R. Marr (Anne), Linda M. Worsham (Mike) also a number of nieces and nephews.
Jean loved God, Myrtle Beach, shopping, country music, flowers and family get togethers. She retired from R S T Marketing.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Thursday, August 18, 2022, at Tharp, Lynchburg. Services will be held at Brookhill Wesleyan Church 1:00 p.m. on Friday, August 19, 2022, with Pastor Brian Cook officiating. Interment will follow at Virginia Memoria Park.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Jean Marr's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.