Obituaries » Jeanie Kessler
Jeanie Kessler of Forest, Virginia, passed away on Wednesday, December 21, 2022. She was born in Lexington, VA to the late Charles Chittum and the late Betty Jarvis on December 25, 1950.
Jeanie is survived by her daughter, Lorie Franklin (Greg) of Forest, VA; three grandchildren, Joshua Fitzgerald (Ashley) of North Pole, AK, Tyler Fitzgerald (Cristin) of Madison Heights, VA, and Brandi Loudy (Michael) of Manassas Park, VA; six great-grandchildren; brother, Wayne Chittum (Donna); and two sisters, Sherry Loehr (Dan) of Fredericksburg, VA, and Jacqueline Flint (Dennis) of Buena Vista, VA.
Jeanie was preceded in death by two husbands, Clarence “Tommy” Hostetter and John G. Kessler, Jr.; her brother, Timothy Jarvis; and her sister, Cheryl DeRyder.
The family will receive friends from 4:00 until 6:00 pm on Thursday, December 29, 2022 at Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg. A graveside service will be conducted at 11:00 am on Friday, December 30, 2022 at Virginia Memorial Park, Forest.
Memorial donations in Jeanie’s name may be made to the American Lung Association.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Jeanie 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.