Obituaries » Jennifer Lee Hill
Jennifer Lee Hill
Jennifer Lee Hill, age 71, passed away on February 25, 2023, at Smith Mountain Lake in Moneta, VA. She was the loving wife of Jim Hill to whom she was married for 18 years.
Jenni was born in Hagerstown, MD on December 30, 1951. She was the daughter of the late Robert Krouse and Helen Krouse.
She is survived by her husband Jim; daughters Leigh Wright and Andrea Wright; granddaughters Hannah Jones and Addison Jones; and sister Deborah Parkin.
Jenni loved her family and friends with a passion. She enjoyed collecting antiques and home design. She designed the home at Smith Mountain Lake where she and Jim lived for 15 years. They were both active outdoor enthusiasts, participating in camping, hiking, biking, snow skiing, and a variety of water sports. They spent the winters of 2008-2012 camping in Sarasota, Florida.
Jenni was a proud employee of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Gaithersburg, MD from 1971 to 2005 with a brief absence of eight years to stay home with her young daughters. In 1994, she received the NIST-wide Eugene Casson Crittenden Award for those performing supporting services that have a significant impact on technical programs beyond their own office.
A memorial Service will be held at the Trinity Ecumenical Parish in Moneta, VA on March 25, 2023, at 3:00 pm. In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to Good Samaritan Hospice (2408 Electric Road, Roanoke, VA) in memory of Jenni.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Jennifer's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.