Obituaries » Jimmie R. Nichols
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
Jimmie Rucker Nichols, 85, of Huddleston passed away on Wednesday, February 23, 2022. He was the loving husband of Yvonne Wildman Nichols.
Born October 26, 1936, in Bedford County, he was a son of the late Jessie Harvey Nichols and Lillian Aliff Nichols.
In addition to his wife, Jimmie is survived by his two sons: Mark Nichols, Jason Nichols, and wife, Deeanna; grandsons: Lucas Ray, Matthew Elisha, Noah Arthur Nichols, one granddaughter: Mackenzie R. Nichols, and his brother: Samuel Nichols.
A funeral service will be held at 11:00 am on Saturday, February 26, 2022, at Bethlehem Baptist Church in Evington, conducted by Pastor Chuck Williams and Pastor Timothy Dooley. Interment will follow at the church cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to Gideon’s International P.O. Box 791 Bedford, VA. 24523 in Jimmie’s name.
The family will receive friends from 6:00 until 8:00pm on Friday, February 25, 2022, at Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Bedford. To send condolences online please visit obituaries.tharpfuneralhome.com.
Celebrate Jimmie's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021