Obituaries » Jimmy Allen Lawhon
Share your Memorial with Family & Friends
It’s with a heavy heart that we share the sudden passing of our beloved Jimmy (Jim) Allen Lawhon, loving husband, father, and grandfather.
Preceded in death by his parents, Harry A. La Whon and Carolyn M. Nelson; sister, Debra Lawhon; brother, Dale Lawhon; and first wife, Terri Ann.
Jim was born April 26, 1955, in Everett, Washington and passed on from this life on August 10, 2021.
Survived by his wife of 12 years, Cynthia (Cindy) Lawhon, and former wife Victoria Lawhon; children, Rechelle, Jordan, Molly, and Hunter Lawhon; grandchildren, William (Billy) and Holland; sisters, Lisa Storey and Theresa La Whon-Burt.
He worked at Framatone for 13 years. Jim proudly served our country in the U.S. Navy for a proud 13 years and earned many awards and medals. After serving in the U.S. Navy, he worked as a Merchant Marine.
Jim enjoyed his many fur babies (16 cats). He had a passion for cooking and spending many hours with his D & D family.
A memorial service will be held at 12:00 p.m. on Monday, August 16, 2021 at Tharp Funeral Home. The visitation will be held one hour prior.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family.
Celebrate Jimmy Allen's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021