Obituaries » John Edward Main
John Edward Main
John Edward Main, 94, of Lynchburg, Virginia passed away on December 19, 2022. He was the husband of Constance Louise Everette Main for 31 years.
Mr. Main was born on December 21, 1927, in Washington D.C., the son of the late Herschel Lloyd Main and Ruth Allwine Main.
John was a member of Timberlake United Methodist Church. He was a graduate of MIT, worked as a Design Engineer at General Electric and bravely served his country in the U.S. Army during World War II.
In addition to his wife, Mr. Main is survived by his children, Douglas Main (Holly), Dave Hogan (Laura), and Terry Hogan (Allison); a daughter-in-law, Melanie Main, grandchildren, Elizabeth Main, Alex Main, Josh Main, Michael Hogan, Lindsay Carroll, Mandi Green, Carly Epperson and 8 great-grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, Mr. Main is predeceased by his first wife, Shirley O’Brien Main and their son, Alan Main.
A service will be held on Friday, December 23, 2022, at 11 A.M. at Tharp Funeral Home in Lynchburg, Virginia. A visitation will be held one hour prior.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 6704 Hagerstown, MD 21741.
Tharp Funeral Home, Lynchburg is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate John Edward 's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.