Obituaries » John H. Lewis
John H. Lewis, son of Carl and Louise Lewis was born in Glasgow, Va. on December 8, 1931. John passed away April 3, 2022. He was married to Betty Bush Lewis for over 70 years.
He was retired for Burlington Industries as a truck driver. He was also a member of Randolph Memorial Church where he proudly served as an usher.
John was preceded in death by a son Danny Lee; grandson Timmy Lewis; brother Carl Jr.; and sisters Jane and Brenda.
Along with his wife, he is survived by five children: Jimmy (Susan), Steve (Rosie), Chris (Vicky), Karen (Ben), and Darlene (Robert); 13 grandchildren: John, Sasha, Mary Elizabeth, Kristie, Ashley, Heather, Ricky, Josh, Jamie, Jeff, Skyler, Sydney, and Ethan; 24 great-grandchildren, too many to name but very well loved, three of which are newborns.
A celebration of John’s life will be held on Friday, April 8, 2022, at 11 a.m. at Tharp Funeral Home, Madison Heights with Pastor Derik Hamby officiating. The family will receive friends following the service.
In lieu of flowers, please make donations to your favorite charity in memory of John.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Madison Heights, is assisting the family.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate John's life with a short message, photo or video!
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021