Obituaries » Jon Keith Parish
Jon Keith Parish
Jon Keith Parish, 85, of Altavista passed away Monday, February 20, 2023.
He was preceded in death by sister, Mary Virginia Baird and brother, Richard Parish.
Jon was born October 9, 1937, in Wapello, Iowa, a son of the late Raymond Parish and Mary Jones Parish. Jon honorably served his country in the U.S. Army and was retired after 25 years from the Lane Company in Altavista. Jon was active in his community, he was a Leader with the Boy Scouts of America, belonged to the Lions Club, the Ruritan Club, and volunteered with the DAWN Food Bank. He attended Second St. Paul Church. Jon also enjoyed dog breeding, especially Boxers.
He is survived by his two sons, Steven Parish and Michael Parish; and three grandsons, Garrett Davidson, Cameron Parish, and Connor Parish.
The family will hold a private memorial service at a later date.
Tharp Funeral Home & Crematory, Lynchburg, is assisting the family. To send condolences, please visit tharpfuneralhome.com.
Condolences & Tributes
Celebrate Jon Keith's life with a short message, photo or video!
Jon Keith does not have any posts. Be the first to add one
How to Write a Sympathy Message
- Preserving memories: how to create a memorial website to honor your loved one March 1, 2022
- 10 Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relationships with Your Loved Ones After a Loss January 27, 2022
- Caring for the grieving during the holidays: 5 ways to help December 8, 2021
- Beyond Thanksgiving: the mental, emotional and physical benefits of habitual gratitude November 15, 2021
- Benefits of Travel Protection: Treasuring a Lifetime of Experiences November 3, 2021
Click here to access Obituary Archives from 2014 and earlier.